5am Thoughts: Things You Know Musicians Who Perform Need to Stop Doing

I started this series as an avenue to get some of the thoughts in my head out. These range from the questions no one is asking, to the figured out thoughts and opinions I have. There is nothing to hold back here. You know, 5am thoughts are those thoughts you have very early in the morning when your head is fresh and hazy. These thoughts come in and out of your mind sometimes, with your eyes open. Most times, with your eyes closed. You are in that limbo where you know you are conscious, but. too lazy to get up and do anything productive; so you just lie there thinking... You can travel the entire globe with your mind. Combing through every issue you ever came across, the ones that are currently facing you, and, possible solutions to them. You also go over the fun times and cherished memories you have had, and the ones you know are coming your way...
Don't leave me alone in this whole thing, Your own thoughts are very welcome too.

Today's Blog Post:
Lately, Nigerian artistes have been annoying. The type of music(if at all it qualifies to be called that), some of them churn out is absolutely disgusting. No originality, no taste, blatant breach of each other copyright(or previous copyrights), their entire theme revolves around the same things: Money, sex, booty, nudity, semi-nudity, living fake unrealistic lives... 
Do not get me wrong, I am not out to tarnish the music industry of my beloved country. I have a right to voice out my un-defamatory opinion. 

You know, just when I try to give them another go, they let me and the countless others who love and enjoy good music down. You think I'm being mean? I challenge you today, listen to one of these artistes who woke up and decided to make money out of music, because of the cars they saw parked in Drake or P-SQUARE's house; You will understand what it means to listen to a stone being continuously scratched against an empty tin of milk or milo.

 Good music must not be confined to classical or RnB... I don't know if you can relate, but, it should something your soul immediately connects to. Something that nourishes you, grows you, or the heck, something that you can twerk to without feeling your IQ drain away.

The worst is when they go for concerts, or are invited to perform at private functions. What on God's green Earth are you playing your track for? Sing Man/Woman, Sing!!! If you are not singing/performing you should be DANCING. I did not pay you a million to listen to you shout, "HEY! HEY! UHGH!!" during the interlude, or continuation of your song for me.
I could have called you up to inform you that I will be playing some of your songs at my event, and send you 200k(if the LORD touches my heart), for IP rights. How dare you tell me to wave my hands to your song blasting through the speakers, and yet complain that Nigerians do not support their own? You should see what my dancing shoes look like when those EXTREMELY talented Igbo highlife musicians(Nwa Dibia, Bright Chimezie, Osadebe, them...) start their music. Or, the Yoruba artistes, when they mount the stage(King Sunny Ade, Pasuma and co), and the ever glorious Sir Victor Uwaifo. People whine their waists to these people. They sing, they make melodies only the soul can relate to.

Don't lie, the devil is dancing Azonto with your destiny if you go and tell you friends, "I performed at XYZ show. I nailed it mehn!" When all you did was yell through out a semi-sing along for 5 minutes.

I gained some respect for Timi Dakolo recently, when he performed his song at the the Channel's Tv Red event; slight cracks, but the guy tried jare! Waje and Flavour N'abania are persons who truly perform, Omawumi Madam Megbele performs too (okay, I'm a bit biased here, I loove her, but you should listen to her still).

Now, I am not telling you to leave your genre and enter another person's own. I am simply telling you to shine bright in your area, and, not follow the majority into the fire.
If you are an artiste/or know one, get your head out of your ass and do something productive with your music. Stop trying to burst our ear drums with your "YEAH!! YEAH! UGH HUH!"
 Not cool.

https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1435459141050-0234f55a8ca3?ixlib=rb-0.3.5&q=80&fm=jpg&s=8313ca1622c91f7c3733810c6d99c6d1
Enjoy your day, and, have a kickasss awesome time! 
Your Friend,
The Beloved.




Song of the Day: Is this Love by Bob Marley


Find Me all Over the Internet:
Twitter @iBlogWithGrace
Instagram@blogwithgrace
Facebook Blog With Grace
Pintrest @iBlogWithGrace
Tumblr @iBlogWithGrace
We Heart it @iBlogWithGrace


Thank You for taking time to visit, I love you,come back soon :)

Blog Motto: Deuteronomy 28:12.




What things will you love to see me blog about?

Comments